Best Burgh Takeout
Over the past few years, Pittsburgh has become a city of restaurants, many of these amazing restaurants are facing a challenge like never before. They have been downsized to take out and delivery only options due to the COVID 19 crisis. A great way to keep your favorite restaurants, as well as the local economy alive until they can once again thrive is by ordering take out.
Here are someplaces that offer great take out cuisine ……on the scene
- Noodlehead will forever have a special place in my heart for having the most amazing Pad See Yew and pork dumplings. You can order here via online or through their new emergency phone number. They stay open until 9:00 pm for those craving some late night noodle action and will do delivery within a 3 mile radius. I will personally drive to East Liberty any day for this incredible Thai food.
- Roots Natural Kitchen is a quick and easy way to get the perfect dinner and even have leftovers for WFH lunch. You can order online or in-person at their Oakland location. They have make-your-own-bowl options as well as premade bowl options. Each bite from your bowl is healthy and delicious due to their natural ingredients and hardworking staff. My favorite is the El Jefe!
- Duncan Street Sandwich Shopshould be your next stop for lunch. They have such unique twists on your classic sandwiches, salads, and soups. These sandwiches are huge and always use the best bread. You can order by calling them between 11-3 on Wednesday-Saturday. It has been their plan to open on Sundays as well, but they keep selling out. You know that is a good sign!
- Legend’s Eatery has been serving up mouthwatering Italian dishes in the Northside for almost 20 years. Chef Dan has been serving up loads of meals for healthcare workers during this time and slowly hiring more staff to support the service industry. They have takeout options during the week from 11am -8pm and weekends starting at 4pm – 8pm. I love supporting those who support us!
- Bigham Tavern’sWings day Wednesdays are always a must. You better order ahead of time though because these babies fly out of there. The Mount Washington tavern is doing delivery and curbside pick-up on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday. They also have a cool option on Taco Tuesday to participate in a Virtual Singo – similar to a karaoke night. Plus, they have some of the best buffalo chicken mac and cheese I have ever tasted!
- Pittsburgh Sandwich Societyis hands down my favorite food truck in the Burgh. From brunch to burritos, this take aht truck cannot be stopped. They are killing it right now with Fried Chicken Fridays, Burger Nights, and Burrito Nights. They sell out in record time, so make sure you are following them on Instagram. Right now, they do Wednesdays and Fridays for their Super Social Distance Dinners in Lawrenceville. You order online, drive to their take aht location, and wait for your dinner to slide down right into your hands. It is super safe, entertaining, and scrumptious.
- Square Café knows how to whip up some appetizing breakfast items. I love them because they do everything local and always spread kindness to the community. Located in Regent Square, you can either get pick-up or delivery from the café. They make amazing espressos and delicious coffee that will start your day off right. Not to mention, they have been selling grilling kits and pancake kits to-go.
- Molahas not received nearly enough recognition for their delectable dishes in my opinion. They provide a large variety of fresh cut and hand sushi rolls – my favorite being the blue crab. Mola has an extensive menu that you can now get as takeout or delivery. Currently, they are opened every day except Tuesdays and have weekend hours until 10:00 pm. When you order, be sure to get a crispy chicken bao and pork belly bao. You will not regret it!
- Iron Born has been one of my favorite places to get pizza for a few years now. Don’t worry though, you can still get your Detroit-style pizza even during quarantine. Both the Millvale and Strip District locations have take-out only options that you can get through calling in or ordering on their website. Chef Pete sure knows how to create tasty masterpieces!
- Cinderlands has the best of both worlds with enjoyable brews and fabulous food. What I find really cool right now about the Strip District Warehouse is they are selling family-style dinners, such as marinated chicken dinners and game day burgers. You can get your brews and food easily with same day delivery or curbside pickup. Make sure to try out the Five to One lager!
As you can see, Pittsburgh is still working hard to provide you with great choices. Even in these trying times are restaurant businesses want to please us. Take a break from cooking at home and help support local places such as these.